Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Prepositions and other expressions for places

PREPOSITIONS OF PLACE
AND OTHER WAYS TO DESCRIBE
LOCATION AND MOTION
AN ENGLISH LESSON!


BOB THE CANADIAN
Aug. 13, 2024


“I know I’ve done English lessons on this topic before, but I thought I would have some fun as I help you review or to learn for the first time what each of these English words means. In this English class, I’ll help you learn some prepositions of place, as well as some other words to describe position, motion, and location.
I know these words can be hard to remember, so I’ve decided to act out or demonstrate each of them. It was fun for me. Even if you know all these words already, I’m sure you’ll enjoy seeing them in action! Have a great day.
P.S.: Be sure to watch until the end to see me try to get out of the barrel! 😂

Bob the Canadian

Remember: Always watch the video three times. Twice today with English subtitles on, and once tomorrow with the English subtitles off. This will reinforce the English you have learned!


Expressions used in the video, in order of appearance, except the last one*:
  • IN
  • INSIDE (INSIDE OF)
  • RIGHT SIDE UP / UPSIDE DOWN
  • ABOVE / BELOW
  • BETWEEN / AMONG (AMONGST)
  • TO THE RIGHT / ON THE RIGHT
  • TO THE LEFT / ON THE LEFT
  • NEXT TO / BESIDE / NEAR / CLOSE
  • AROUND / PAST
  • BESIDE EACH OTHER / NEXT TO EACH OTHER
  • IN THE MIDDLE
  • INSIDE OUT / RIGHT SIDE OUT
  • ON / ON TOP OF
  • UNDER / UNDERNEATH
  • AWAY FROM / FAR FROM
  • TOWARD / TOWARDS
  • BEHIND / IN FRONT OF
  • OUT OF*

© 2024, Learn English with Bob the Canadian. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Texts in ENGLISH

THE GETTYSBURG ADDRESS Texto com áudio Denilso de Lima Inglês na Ponta da Língua 02 fev. 2013 The Gettysburg Address é o título de um discu...