LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERSMONEY TALK
Sep. 14, 2026
Level: Pre-intermediate (A2-B1)
Type of language: General English
Tags: Economy and Finance; Everyday Objects; Challenges; Vocabulary Lesson; Speaking; Adjectives; 13-15 Years Old; 16-18 Years Old; 18+ Years Old
Publication date: 09/14/2026
In this lesson, students develop their conversational skills by talking about money. To engage with the topic, they start by completing a general knowledge quiz. They then identify collocations used for getting and using money and practice the language in varied communicative tasks. There is also a focus on a set of adjectives to describe money traits. They then develop their listening skills in the context of savers and spenders and complete during and post activities. The students then consolidate their language and develop their fluency in a group speaking activity. There is an additional speaking task and game to review the vocabulary. (by Vicky Aitken)
- CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in American English.
- CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in American English.
- CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 1 in American English.
- CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 2 in American English.
- CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in British English.
- CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in British English.
- CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 1 in British English.
- CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 2 in British English.
AUDIO TRANSCRIPTS
AUDIO 1 - TASK 3
1. someone who steals money - dishonest
2. someone who donates money - generous
3. someone who often loses money - careless
4. someone who finds money - lucky
5. someone who saves money - sensible
6. someone with a lot of money - wealthy
7. someone who doesn’t waste money - careful
AUDIO 2 - TASK 4
Speaker 1: Well, I love shopping, so I would say I’m more of a spender. When payday comes around, I always buy myself something. I feel I deserve it as I work hard. I have plenty of time to save for the future.
Speaker 2: I am a bit of both. I usually put some money away each month, but if there is something I want to buy and it’s not too expensive, I usually get it.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I’m not very good with money, and I tend to waste it on things like takeout and taxis, which all add up each month. I rarely save anything.
Speaker 4: That’s easy. I’m a saver. I am very careful with money. I have a healthy savings account which I have been paying into since I was twenty. My mom taught me the value of money from a young age and how important it is to save for a rainy day.
Adapted from: https://www.linguahouse.com/esl-lesson-plans/general-english/money-talk. Accessed on September 22, 2026. LinguaHouse.com © 2008–2026. All rights reserved.

No comments:
Post a Comment