LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERSGRAMMAR A2-B1: PRESENT PERFECT WITH “JUST”
Sep. 1, 2026
Level: Pre-intermediate (A2-B1)
Type of language: General English
Tags: Nature; Speaking; Grammar Practice; Present Perfect; Just, Already, Yet; 10-12 Years Old; 13-15 Years Old; 16-18 Years Old; 18+ Years Old
Publication date: 09/01/2026
Students work with a farmer’s social media output to contextualize the language point of present perfect forms and meanings, and the use of just. A brief explanation of this point is provided as well as practice exercises and speaking and writing tasks. The optional extension allows students to revisit the original text as a listening exercise. (by Stephanie Hirschman)
- CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in American English.
- CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in American English.
- CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in American English.
- CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in British English.
- CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in British English.
- CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in British English.
AUDIO TRANSCRIPT
Speaker: Good morning, farm fans! It’s very, very early, and I’m up and about, seeing to my animals. I’ve done quite a few jobs this morning, as you can tell by looking at my dirty boots! I’ve just fed and watered the horses – they’re making a lot of noise eating now! I’ll open the gate and let them into the field when they’ve finished their food.
My sister has just checked her chickens. She thinks there’s been a fox in the chicken house during the night because the chickens look really scared. Luckily, she hasn’t lost any birds this time so she’s looking for eggs right now to make a cake. People always ask us, “Have you given the chickens names?” The answer is no, we haven’t, because we’d never remember them all!
Anyway, I need to get back out there because, for one thing, I’ve lost my hat somewhere, and I know I’ll need it later – it’s going to be a sunny day! I’ve just looked in the house, but it isn’t there. Where have I put it? Maybe I left it in my truck. So, sorry, that’s it for now – got to go!
Adapted from: https://www.linguahouse.com/esl-lesson-plans/general-english/grammar-a2-b1-present-perfect-with-just. Accessed on September 2, 2026. LinguaHouse.com © 2008–2026. All rights reserved.

No comments:
Post a Comment