LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERSGRAMMAR A2-B1: PRESENT PERFECT WITH “FOR” AND “SINCE”
Sep. 1, 2026
Level: Pre-intermediate (A2-B1)
Type of language: General English
Tags: Education, Teaching, and Learning; Literature and Books; Speaking; Grammar Practice; Present Perfect; 13-15 Years Old; 16-18 Years Old; 18+ Years Old
Publication date: 09/01/2026
Students work with the theme of personal statements to contextualize the language point of the present perfect with for and since. A brief explanation of this point is provided as well as practice exercises and speaking and writing tasks. The optional extension allows students to revisit the original text as a listening exercise. (by Stephanie Hirschman)
- CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in American English.
- CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in American English.
- CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in American English.
- CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in British English.
- CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in British English.
- CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in British English.
AUDIO TRANSCRIPT
Speaker: I saw your advertisement when I went to the library last week, and I would like to apply for the position. I have two children and we’ve lived in the local area since 2018. As a family, we’ve always loved reading; in fact, I’ve just finished reading Tolkien’s The Hobbit out loud to my kids, aged 9 and 11. It was a magical experience, and it made me realize how important it is to share stories with children. I’ve also worked part-time for a bookstore for around five years, so I have some understanding of the publishing industry.
By the way, have you ever thought about starting a book club for adults? I’d also be interested in running a project like that. I’ve never seen anything similar around here and I’m sure it would be popular.
Adapted from: https://www.linguahouse.com/esl-lesson-plans/general-english/grammar-a2-b1-present-perfect-with-for-and-since. Accessed on September 2, 2026. LinguaHouse.com © 2008–2026. All rights reserved.

No comments:
Post a Comment