Friday, September 25, 2026

ESL WORKSHEET - Future predictions

LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE?


Sep. 18, 2026


Level: Pre-intermediate (A2-B1)
Type of language: General English
Tags: The Future and Space; People and Places; Society and Change; Gadgets and Inventions; Challenges; Life Stages; Speaking; Vocabulary Lesson; Grammar Practice; Future; 16-18 Years Old; 18+ Years Old
Publication date: 09/18/2026

In this lesson, students develop their conversational skills by talking about future predictions. To engage with the topic, they start by discussing a set of personalized questions. They then order and practice a set of future time phrases. The students then develop their listening skills by hearing a conversation between two friends discussing what the future will look like. They answer comprehension questions before noticing the use of will for predictions. They then discover and practice the meaning, form, and pronunciation. There is also a focus on adverbs to show certainty. The students then complete three varied speaking tasks to practice and consolidate all the language. There is a game to develop fluency and review vocabulary. (by V. Aitken)

  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 1 in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 2 in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 3 in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 1 in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 2 in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 3 in British English.

AUDIO TRANSCRIPTS

AUDIO 1 - TASK 3
Speaker 1: I feel like the world is changing at such a fast pace.
Speaker 2: I know, I wonder what life will be like in fifty years?
Speaker 1: I think life will be very different. How people work and study will definitely change.
Speaker 2: Well, we saw how the pandemic reshaped working and learning. I think remote learning and working will continue to grow and AI will probably replace all our jobs!
Speaker 1: No way! AI won’t replace all our jobs, but it will definitely impact the workplace. My friend is a copywriter, and he said they now work with an AI system, which can create content much faster than a human. He needs to check the content though, so he still has a job.
Speaker 2: See, it’s already happening. And what about transport? Do you think we will have flying cars?
Speaker 1: Well, rich people will probably have some form of a flying car, but I don’t think they will be accessible to everyone.
Speaker 2: Do you think people will move away from cities to live in the countryside?
Speaker 1: I think more people will probably move away in search of a slower pace of life. And remote learning and working makes it possible.

AUDIO 2 - TASK 5 (Part A)
I will → I'll
She will → She'll
He will → He'll
It will → It'll
You will → You'll
They will → They'll


AUDIO 3 - TASK 5 (Part B)
I’ll → I’ll get → I’ll get a new job
It’ll → It’ll change → It’ll change forever
They’ll → They’ll go → They’ll go to space


Adapted from: https://www.linguahouse.com/esl-lesson-plans/general-english/what-will-happen-in-the-future. Accessed on September 25, 2026. LinguaHouse.com © 2008–2026. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESL WORKSHEET - Future predictions

LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE? LinguaHouse Sep. 18, 2026 Level: Pre-intermediate (A2-B1) Type of language...