Monday, September 14, 2026

ESL WORKSHEET - Modifying adjectives

LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS
GRAMMAR A2-B1: MODIFYING ADJECTIVES


Sep. 2, 2026


Level: Pre-intermediate (A2-B1)
Type of language: General English
Tags: Grammar Practice; Adjectives; 16-18 Years Old; 18+ Years Old; 13-15 Years Old
Publication date: 09/02/2026

Students work with descriptions of places to live to contextualize the adverbs very, really, so, a bit/a little, and too to modify adjectives and the use of seems/sounds/looks. A brief explanation of this language point is provided as well as practice exercises and speaking and writing tasks. The optional extension allows students to revisit the original text as a listening exercise. (by Stephanie Hirschman)

  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in British English.

AUDIO TRANSCRIPT

Speaker: Hi Mom, I need your advice. I’ve found two possible rooms to rent, but I don’t know which is best.
The first one is in a three-bedroom apartment in a very modern building. There are big windows with good views of the city – it’s so bright! However, the people I’d be sharing with seem a little untidy. And I’m wondering if the kitchen will be too small for all of us.
The second place is quite different. This one is in a really old house with four bedrooms - the room that I would have is a bit dark because it’s in the basement. The kitchen and bathroom look clean, and the landlady sounds nice even though I haven’t met her in person yet.
Please let me know what you think I should do.


Adapted from: https://www.linguahouse.com/esl-lesson-plans/general-english/grammar-a2-b1-modifying-adjectives. Accessed on September 14, 2026. LinguaHouse.com © 2008–2026. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESL WORKSHEET - Communication technology

LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS TALKING ABOUT COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY LinguaHouse Sep. 11, 2026 Level: Pre-intermediate (A2-B1) Type of la...