Monday, August 31, 2026

ESL WORKSHEET - What did you do yesterday?

LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS
TALKING ABOUT WHAT YOU DID YESTERDAY


Aug. 20, 2026


Level: Elementary (A1-A2)
Type of language: General English
Tags: Vocabulary and Grammar; Pronunciation; Speaking; Past Tenses; 10-12 Years Old; 13-15 Years Old; 16-18 Years Old; 18+ Years Old
Publication date: 08/20/2026

In this lesson, students develop their conversational skills by discussing what they did yesterday. The students start by talking about a list of common activities. They then listen to two people talking about how they spent their day and complete a set of comprehension tasks. They then focus on the use, form, and pronunciation of the past simple tense using regular verbs. They then practice the language in a variety of student-centered speaking activities. The students then learn a set of past time phrases before using the language in a class survey. The lesson finishes with a speaking game to review the lesson content. (by Victoria Aitken)

  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 1 in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 2 in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 1 in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio 2 in British English.

AUDIO TRANSCRIPTS

AUDIO 1 - TASK 2
ONE
Pete: Well, I had a day off, so I didn’t work. I stayed in bed until 10 o’clock and then I cooked breakfast. I called my girlfriend, and then I played computer games all afternoon.
TWO
Sophie: I worked in the office all day. I cycled home. Then, I cooked some dinner and walked my dog. I relaxed in front of the TV until bedtime.

AUDIO 2 - TASK 4
Speaker: /id/ - chatted, studied
Speaker: /d/ - traveled, played, listened, cycled
Speaker: /t/ - cooked, looked, danced, checked, walked, relaxed

Adapted from: https://www.linguahouse.com/esl-lesson-plans/general-english/talking-about-what-you-did-yesterday. Accessed on August 31, 2026. LinguaHouse.com © 2008–2026. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

At dawn, early in the morning…

“DE MADRUGADA” Como se diz em INGLÊS Na Língua Inglesa não há uma palavra exata para madrugada. As formas mais naturais são at dawn (acor...