Monday, August 3, 2026

ESL WORKSHEET - Sense and state verbs

LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS
GRAMMAR A2-B1: SENSE AND STATE VERBS


Jun. 24, 2026


Level: Pre-intermediate (A2-B1)
Type of language: General English
Tags: Beliefs, Religion and Superstition; Historical Events; Grammar Practice; Speaking; 10-12 Years Old; 13-15 Years Old; 16-18 Years Old; 18+ Years Old
Publication date: 06/24/2026

Students work with social media posts about a museum visit, which contextualizes the language point of sense and state verbs. A brief explanation of this point is provided as well as practice exercises and speaking and writing tasks. The optional extension allows students to revisit the original text as a listening exercise. (by Stephanie Hirschman)

  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in British English.

AUDIO TRANSCRIPT

Speaker: Hi, art lovers! I’m in the Egyptian Gallery at the Art Museum and I’m looking at this amazing scene showing the pharaoh Seti bringing a tray of food to the goddess Isis. I see fruit and meat and here’s the amazing thing – the staff are bringing this picture to life today, approximately 3,200 years after it was created!
They’re serving the same food, and it looks delicious. It smells really good too, and I’m tasting some of it now. Mmmmm… it tastes as good as it smells. There is some of the famous Egyptian hieroglyphic writing at the top of the picture and a few people are listening to an expert reading the words out loud. It sounds totally unfamiliar to me, of course, but so interesting.
And there’s even a copy of this picture, which, like the real thing, is cut into the surface slightly. Some kids are touching it now, I’ll just go over to it try it myself – it feels really smooth. I love this type of event, and I think everyone agrees that we need museums to offer more of these experiences. I wonder what’s in the next room…

Adapted from: https://www.linguahouse.com/esl-lesson-plans/general-english/grammar-a2-b1-sense-and-state-verbs. Accessed on August 3, 2026. LinguaHouse.com © 2008–2026. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waste one’s breath

WASTE ONE’S BREATH O que significa essa expressão em INGLÊS Waste one’s breath é uma expressão que significa gastar saliva , perder o seu ...