Monday, August 17, 2026

ESL WORKSHEET - How to spend your evening

LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS
AN EVENING IN OR OUT?


Jul. 31, 2026


Level: Starter (A0-A1)
Type of language: General English
Tags: Travel and Leisure; Celebrations and Special Events; Routines and Activities; People and Places; Cooking and Eating; Food and Drink; Vocabulary Lesson; Speaking; Past Tenses; 13-15 Years Old; 16-18 Years Old; 18+ Years Old
Publication date: 07/31/2026

In this lesson, students develop their conversational skills by discussing how they spend their evenings. They start by describing two images and answering a question to personalize the topic. They then discover phrases to describe activities people do during an evening in and an evening out and go on to practice the language in a selection of student-centered activities. The students then develop their listening skills by hearing four people talking about what they did last Saturday night and answering comprehension questions. They then focus on the past tense form of the verbs before consolidating the language by describing what they did on Saturday night. There is an additional group speaking task which gives the students further practice of the language and a final game to review the lesson. (by V. Aitken)

  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in British English.

AUDIO TRANSCRIPT

Speaker 1: I met my friends at around seven, and we went for a drink. Then we went to a party. It was our friend’s birthday. It was fun. We listened to music and danced for hours.
Speaker 2: The weather was bad, so I didn’t go out. I took a long hot bath, listened to music, and then browsed the Internet. I did some online shopping.
Speaker 3: I cooked a nice meal for my family. I made fish and vegetables. We talked for a long time and then we watched TV. It was a nice evening.
Speaker 4: I went to the movie theater with my boyfriend, and we watched a romantic comedy. Then we went out for dinner to my favorite Italian restaurant.

Adapted from: https://www.linguahouse.com/esl-lesson-plans/general-english/an-evening-in-or-out. Accessed on August 17, 2026. LinguaHouse.com © 2008–2026. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever

“SEJA O QUE FOR” Como se diz em INGLÊS Para dizer “seja o que for” (ou “seja qual for” ) em Inglês , usamos a palavra whatever . Também é ...