Monday, August 3, 2026

ESL WORKSHEET - Present perfect vs Past simple

LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS
GRAMMAR A2-B1: PRESENT PERFECT 
VERSUS PAST SIMPLE


Jul. 6, 2026


Level: Pre-intermediate (A2-B1)
Type of language: General English
Tags: Routines and Activities; Animals and Plants; Grammar Practice; Present Perfect; Past Tenses; Speaking; 13-15 Years Old; 16-18 Years Old; 18+ Years Old
Publication date: 07/06/2026

Students work with the theme of food experiences to contextualize the language point of present perfect versus past simple, and the use of ever and never. A brief explanation of this point is provided as well as practice exercises and speaking and writing tasks. The optional extension allows students to revisit the original text as a listening exercise. (by Stephanie Hirschman)

  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in American English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the student’s worksheet in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download the teacher’s lesson plan in British English.
  • CLICK HERE to download/listen to the audio in British English.

AUDIO TRANSCRIPT

Violet: Welcome to Violet’s Veg. Do you need any help?
Customer: Yes, please. I’m looking for something for a special dinner. What would you recommend?
Violet: Have you ever eaten purple sweet potatoes?
Customer: No, I haven’t. What are they like?
Violet: They’re really delicious and creamy. I love them.
Customer: Ok, maybe I’ll get some sweet potatoes, but what else have you got?
Violet: Well, have you ever tried purple carrots?
Customer: Yes, I have. I grew them in my garden last year. They were such a beautiful color.
Violet: And when you ate them, what did you think?
Customer: Actually, they tasted just like orange carrots. What about these peppers?
Violet: Do you mean these purple peppers?
Customer: Yes. I’ve never seen these before.
Violet: No, they’re very unusual. They look beautiful in a salad.

Adapted from: https://www.linguahouse.com/esl-lesson-plans/general-english/grammar-a2-b1-present-perfect-vs-past-simple. Accessed on August 3, 2026. LinguaHouse.com © 2008–2026. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

At dawn, early in the morning…

“DE MADRUGADA” Como se diz em INGLÊS Na Língua Inglesa não há uma palavra exata para madrugada. As formas mais naturais são at dawn (acor...