Monday, February 22, 2021

ENGLISH CONVERSATION

ADIR FERREIRA
Hi, I'm Todd! (diálogo para praticar)

O professor Adir Ferreira publicou no blog Adir Ferreira Idiomas e em seu canal no YouTube um diálogo em inglês americano, de nível intermediário, para praticar. Acompanhe o vídeo com as explicações do professor e, logo abaixo, há a transcrição do diálogo. 

TODD - Hi, you must be John’s cousin Matt, right? From San Diego?

MATT - Correct! I just got in last night.

TODD - I’m Todd, John’s roommate from Tech. Glad to meet you. I can assure you that I’m not anything like what John has told you.

MATT - I’m happy to meet you, too - and, yes - I have heard about you! Football player and party animal extraordinaire.

TODD - Football, yes - and as a matter of fact, I do like parties. But tell me more about yourself and what you do in San Diego.

MATT -
Well, I’m more (of) a surfer than a football player. You know, San Diego has a fantastic coast - and we can surf all day and then party on the beach at night.

TODD - That sounds awesome. How long are you staying?

MATT - Well, I’ll be here for two weeks. John has promised me a nonstop schedule - kind of a mix of sightseeing, meeting his friends, checking out the local scene, and – hopefully - camping in the mountains for a couple of days.

TODD - John’s a good guy - and you can be sure he knows the local scene. He knows everybody in town. I’m sure he’ll show you a good time. And his friends are here to help.

MATT - Thanks so much - I really appreciate that. I’m still a bit jet-lagged at the moment but I should be in good shape by tomorrow. I’m looking forward to hearing what John has in store for me…

TODD -
Don’t worry. We’ll all take good care of you. And don’t be surprised if we show up on your doorstep in San Diego one day, ready for surfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESL WORKSHEET - Product development (II)

LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS INNOVATION AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT (PART II) LinguaHouse May 9, 2024 Level: Intermediate (B1-B2) Type of E...