Thursday, April 15, 2021

ENGLISH GRAMMAR - MODALS

9 Example Sentences and Definition with
MODALS OF OBLIGATION




The main verbs of obligation are MUST, HAVE TO and SHOULD. The past of have to / has to is had to. Must is for personal obligations. Have to is for general obligations.

Examples:
  • You must stop here.
  • You have to wear a seatbelt when you drive.
  • You must answer at least one question.
  • You should call Mary. I know she misses you a lot.
  • She looks sick. She should go home.
  • I must do some work.
  • You shouldn’t have smoked.
  • I have to return the book now.
  • I had to wear a school uniform when I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESL WORKSHEET - Product development (II)

LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS INNOVATION AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT (PART II) LinguaHouse May 9, 2024 Level: Intermediate (B1-B2) Type of E...